Fodemesi Health Step is a family owned and operated business
- 1949 founded by Frank Fodemesi
- 1958 retail operations began
- 1974 manufacturing the Cloudwalker line of comfort shoes began
- 1983 relocated to Dundas Street with growing retail operation
- 1986 Professional Pedorthic Services was established
- 2013 relocated to Wellington Street
- 2016 Fodemesi Health Step opened at 2-962 Leathorne St. specializing in Custom Shoes and Custom Orthotics
Fodemesi is a well known name in households across London Ontario. The business has evolved from a large retail operation that included specialized footwear. As the orthopedic division grew to address the needs of physicans and other referring professions, the highly trained staff became experts in shoe modifications and custom orthotics.
Today, Rick Fodemesi, a certified pedorthist, C. Ped, C. Ped© and a member of the Pedorthic Association of Canada, is at the helm and continues to participate in continuous learning about new technologies and treatments so clients get the best possible Custom Shoe or Custom Orthotic. Much of his training is from Europe. You might be surprised at the options available for you to be comfortable and feel good even if you have experienced partial amputation, distortion or require an in-shoe prosthetic.
Rick produces orthotics on site and he can produce custom made footwear when there are no options available in stock footwear.
Rick’s specialties are:
- Foot and ankle pain
- Diabetic foot pain
- Neuropathic conditions
- Vascular disease
- Shoe and inserts for amputees
- Chronic plantar fasciitis
- Morton’s neuroma (interdigital nerve compression)
Custom Shoes are made with a guarantee. There is a catalogue of style choices and extensive leather choices available so that colour and material is tailored for you.